Starting a family, given the right conditions, can be an exciting new chapter to anyone’s life. But at the same time, it is undeniable that it could be troubling and worrisome no matter how ready someone thinks they are. This is new territory and there is a whole lot of responsibility that needs to be taken in. There are many things that need to be considered that go beyond the intimacy like financial security, how to make it work on a daily basis, and decision making.
And perhaps one of the biggest decisions in this new stage in life would be choosing the place to start up a family. There are several locations in the Philippines that are ideal for building a good family foundation. Each location may have their perks and downsides. Metro Manila with the commodities it can offer, has always been an appealing location for those who are planning to start up a family, but the cost of living might be a little too demanding. That is why in the discussion of viable alternative location when budget becomes an issue, Pampanga, Bicol, Negros Occidental and Iloilo come to mind. These locations are considered as up and coming locations for real estate with affordable houses for sale. Houses for sale in Cagayan de Oro shouldn’t be left out on this topic as well. Cagayan de Oro is a highly urbanized city in Misamis Oriental with a population of 675,950 and a land area of 412.80-kilometer square; it is almost ten times bigger than Manila and a lot less populated. Houses for sale around this area are likely to be more affordable compared to those in Manila too.
But whether you aim to purchase that house for sale in Cagayan de Oro or take a few hit to get established in the metro is really up to your preferences. To help you decide on that matter, here are some helpful tips and data to guide you in purchasing the home for your family.
- Pay good attention to details during a home inspection. Chances are, the realtor will try to highlight many positive things about what they are trying to sell to you. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or to check out things for yourself.
- Consider the opinion of the family. Any house that you will purchase will be theirs too so might as well ask for their thoughts about the house. They might be able to point out some valuable points that can make or break the house deal.
- Check out the community the house belongs in. It might help to gather information on what the people around the area are like. Who knows what you might find out?
- Have a second or third option ready. Even though you might think you found the right house for your family, it will still be wise to have a comparison or other options you can fall back on in case things get a bit unpredictable.
- Live within your means. Do not go for a house that you can barely afford. Check for deals or arrangement that can be beneficial for your family in general. After all, there is more to starting a family than owning a house.
Again, whether you intend to live it big in the metro or settle for a low-key life in those houses for sale in Cagayan de Oro, Pampanga, or anywhere else in the Philippines is totally up to you. But you still have to be cautious and careful in deciding to make the most of the purchase you will make.